Beautiful day out! 76 degrees and breezy. Couldn’t miss the opportunity to get in a good throwing practice.
Part 1 : introductory plyos
Part 2: throwing practice
- Worked on being quick but not hurried with fakes.
- Visualized various scenarios, marks, field orientations with fakes.
- Hucking forehand and backhand with and against the wind
Part 3: shuttle runs
5 X 150 yard shuttles (50 yards X 3)
90 s rest between runs.
Each shuttle run was the same speed! hooray for sprint endurance!
Rainy and cold. Good day to be inside the gym
Part 1: lateral plyos
- Heiden hop and stick 3 sets 5 reps each leg
- Lateral single leg hops onto an aerobic step 3 sets 6 reps (three hops medially, three hops laterally) on each foot
Part 2: strength training
Three times through:
- standing cable chop
- oblique bridge
- reverse crunch
Today I went heavy:
- Squats 5X5 (means five sets of five reps)
- Chin ups 5 sets of 2, 2, 2, 1, and 1 reps (dang, I hate chinups)
- Deadlift 5X5
- Bench Press 5X3
Part 3: conditioning
(30 s work, 60 s rest) X 10 reps
5 minute jump rope intervals cooldown
Is me posting my workouts useful and/or interesting to you?
I don’t want to become boring and I think posting what I do every day would not be that interesting. So, if you DO want to see more of my personal workouts, please let me know.
I wouldn’t recommend directly copying my workouts but I do hope these workout samples give you an idea of how you might plan your training sessions.